Tuesday 5 October 2010

School Magazine

For the past two weeks, we have been working on your school magazines.
First, we looked at other school magazines and analysed them. Then we looked at the layout, text and images used for front covers. We desided indivdually what layouts we prefered and had a go at making a test front cover. I chose to do a fashion magazine called Whatever, where I used a med-length image of myself and edited in a photo of Bron in the left corner as a gossip advertisment. (Using photoshop)

Then we took lots more photo's that we could use in our school magazine for both the front cover and content page. I have finished my front cover now, and am currently working on my content page.
Bron and I are doing a magazine for 6th formers, college and university students. The magazine is there to try to help the readers deside if they want to take a gap year or not. If they do, it gives many tips on where to o and how to save, as well as some first hand experiences to read. We decided to make the magazine a free hand out, this is because many students dont have a lot of money, and we want every student to have a chance to read our magazine. We thought it could be handed out in assemblies, form times or maybe at the reception desk.

Bron is doing the 2010 Winter edition and I am working on the 2011 Winter issue. I was going to do the 2011 Summer issue but we found that getting images for the winter was a lot easier. We therefore decided I would do the next winter issue.


I am currenly researching other magazine content pages to give me idea's on how to layout my school magazine content page.

Lucy Cunnington

No comments:

Post a Comment